Thursday, 20 June 2013

happy progress

The past 3 week's have been a crazy whirlwind ... I literally feel like parts of those weeks are "missing" in my mind. First Eden started with a terrible flare up together with tonsillitis...the flare up was excruciating ... red, puss, oozy, itchy AND burnt like hell ... then last week she started shedding skin like a reptile ... itching a lot ... skin was improving but cracked and leaking fluid ... she's been following a healthy strict diet and been relaxing in the winter sun every day ... she's been seeing a homeopath every week that's been a lifesaver for all of us. Through all of this Eden's been writing exams and the school have been kind enough to allow her to stay home until she's recovered. This week her skin started improving drastically ... but she was incredibly ill and feverish ... I at one point wondered if she had shingles as she developed a odd looking rash on her back leg ... luckily it's not shingles and we are all relieved but she does have .... tonsillitis together with a bladder infection so the Doc (homepath and GP ... who by the way is FULLY SUPPORTING us with the TSW journey both agreed to get Eden on a course of antibiotics).... she's doing a lot better now ... and ... Her exams are finally finished!! YAY!! Below are pictures of her legs 6 weeks ago, last week and how it is looking today. Little victories ... Little blessings ... so grateful to have them.... oh and one more thing ... we've started adding Epsom salt to her bath every day (which I've now learned is a mineral ... magnesium and not salt ... who knew :) )

4 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog! What a trooper Eden is! Wish this whole thing did not exist! I think it is worst for the children as they have a harder time understanding this horrible thing. I am also gluten free (for the last 3 weeks) and while my skin is worse, I am having more energy. I am going to stick to the gluten free aspect of my diet for the next few months and see how things go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart aches...I can imagine yours. I do find children can handle pain a bit better than adults. Eden will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers

      Delete
  2. Stay strong eden.
    Things are looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the words of encouragement @ working mom, Vee and Lisa ... this is not an easy road but it helps so very much to know we are not alone ... love to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete