Monday, 3 June 2013

Cortisone withdrawal and tonsillitis

Turns out Eden's got tonsillitis (I'm guessing that all the poison in her body is working it's way out and hence the tonsillitis). The doctor showed me her throat this morning ... apologies for the graphic description: she has pimples (or what looks like pimples) in the back of her throat that's oozing/dripping puss. He added some stuff to her current natural medication ... she's already feeling better and looking happier. She was lying in the sun with her baby brother today (it's winter here by us so we can't really lie in the sun outside, so they just made a nice comfortable blanket bed on the floor in our living room where the sun shines brightest ... she loved it and felt all lazy and relaxed after about 1/2hour of relaxing... then we brushed the dead skin off and moisturised her body. We joined the Itsan forum today ... I am so happy ... finally feel like we have support ... people that really really understands. Been a good day despite our trials.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry your child is suffering with this. Steroids did a number on me and I got free thanks to Kelly Palace who started her own website and then formed ITSAN with Dr. Rappaport. I've seen many children heal from this through the forums but it is rough, not going to lie. Once they heal, the memories soon fade which is good. Hang in there! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this post Joey. It really helps to know we are not alone ... think a lot of people feel alone and don't realize that there's help out there.
    I am so grateful for everyone that's been willing to share there stories .. such a comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eden,
    I really sympathize with what you are going through. I've been in TSW for quite a while and I am much, much better now. I still have some dryness & flakiness on a few parts of my body, but I'm back to living my normal life and I feel happy again. I was depressed when I was in my bad times, mainly because I felt unsure whether I would ever get better. Then I started to see lots of people on the ITSAN forum getting better & better. Then I knew for sure that everyone heals eventually. Some people who looked just terrible when they first started TSW now look so beautiful. Just believing that we will heal is half the battle. You look like you are very strong because you have such a brave smile in your pictures. One day you will look back and be so happy you went through this because you will be much healthier and happier, like I am. I didn't realize how much the steroids were harming me until I got off them. The bad times are very hard to deal with, but it's definitely all worth it in the end. I know you can do this and you will be in great shape before long. In the meantime,all the people on the ITSAN forum are here to support you & your Mom.
    Love,
    Susan R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Susan. This message is very encouraging and means a lot to us both.
    Good luck to you 2
    Love
    Eden (and mom)

    ReplyDelete