Monday, 13 May 2013

One step forward, two steps back

No one said this was going to be easy ... I didn't expect it to be. Eden and I looked at some youtube videos with people going through cortisone (steroid) withdrawals ... everyone experiencing almost identical symptoms ... it can take anything from 7 weeks to 18 months! I use to feel so frustrated and completely obsessed with why her skin was looking this way and obsessed with the quick fix of applying some cortisone, getting antibiotics and clearing the skin ... temporarily until the next flare up ... which always started as soon as you think you have the flare up under control (literally days apart) ... I never realized it was the skin's need for cortisone ... her skin was so completely addicted to cortisone ... now that I finally finally FINALLY understand what is going on (it took me a while to realize) ... I feel like I don't have to obsess about it anymore ... I can finally focus on: healing her from inside: by changing her diet, getting her into a healthy lifestyle, using natural healing (homeopathic medicines ... from our trusted and incredible Dr. Usswald) I finally feel like I can breath. Having said that ... the thing that really ticks me off is the amount of teasing and bullying that Eden have to endure at school. I wish I could change into a bird every time she goes to school so I could fly over and poo on every child's head that teases her ... humiliate them in front of their friends ... She's in good spirits ... she's still itchy and have moments of fatique and irritability but all is okay. Her skin is still covered with red rashes and dry patches but the infections are clearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment