Thursday, 6 February 2014

9 MONTHS TS FREE and 1 month back at school

2 weeks into the first school term and Eden started to flare (but it was nothing in comparison to what it use to be and eventually I kept her home for 3 days and then she could return after the weekend). She's in good spirit and even though her skin is once again trying to recover from yet another staph infection ... she is doing very well.

I have come to the conclusion that Eden's skin will heal so much faster if it wasn't for these recurring staph infections ... the question is ... How does one treat them?

Thankfully we have an amazing homeopath that treats the inside of the body and specifically staph infections but the outside is still pretty much a mess.

When we went to the coast in December, Eden's skin healed from infections within 2 days of being there (due to the salt sea water) ... unfortunately we live 8 hours away from the nearest beach so that is out of the question ... but I have started bathing her in dead sea salt ... sometimes epsom salt ...and I read again today on the forum that Apple cider vinegar is good for infections (to bath in) and coconut oil and then Isaiah's mom mentioned she used lemongrass essential oil and mixed it with shea butter and cleared her baby's skin in 4 days.

A family memeber also suggested I contact a lady by the name of Diana www.dianas.co.za that sells a product called Bulbinella ... so I am going to give it a try and see what happens.

Will keep posting regarding Eden's progress.

PICTURES BELOW WERE TAKEN 2 WEEKS AGO (EDEN HAVE HEALED A LOT SINCE THEN EXCEPT FOR THE STAPH INFECTION)

Slight flare in her neck and face but  nothing compared to what it was.


Her arms were really sore and red with water running out of it.


the source of my frustration: Staph infections ... Eden has these little open sores, bumps and infections all over her legs (it looks like she's recovering from chicken pox) and I simply can't get it better unless I take her to the sea again (which is not a possibility) ... I will in the meanwhile keep on looking for solutions to this problem.



Also, some other (Random) news (non tsw related .... my husband and I are expecting another baby! We are 12 weeks along and I have CONSTANT NAUSEA urgh!! But, we are thrilled.)




3 comments:

  1. Hi Eden's Mom! My son Rhett is in his 8th month of topical steroid withdrawal and we are in the same boat regarding the staph infections. If we could kick those, he would look so much better! He is on his 5th round of oral antibiotics since September. While he is on antibiotics, his skin looks quite nice. But within weeks of getting off, back to square one. I wanted to share with you that part of her skin looking nice when you went to the beach is likely because of the sun. UV is antibacterial and it suppresses the immune/inflammatory response. My son is going to start UV light therapy and I will let you know how that goes. Whenever we are out in the sun, I have him take his shirt off and soak in the rays. He always looks 10 times better the next day - like miraculously better. Seeing as it's winter here now, UV is hard to come by. But ask her doctor or dermatologist about it. I think she is far enough along in the tsw process to benefit from it. Any earlier and it might not work out. Just the UV light -- no other creams or pills. Also, I think the salt in the tub is a good thing because salt kills bacteria, in the right concentrations. I have just started bathing my son in salt and apple cider vinegar (seeing as Isaiah's mom had so much success). I will let you know how that goes too! I have been following her from the beginning. I just wonder what is up with all of us who have kids about the same time out in tsw with these recurrent staph infections? There is another mom whose little boy is 11 months out and just had surgery because the staph went to the bone. But other than the staph, he is looking good... I wonder what the missing link is? I will check back and let you know if we find anything to kick it for good! Prayers for you and Eden!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If sea water helps maybe you could try epsom salt and sea salt baths? Hopefully she will improve every day and those infections will clear up. My son Josh is 10 and he's just stopped steroids 2 months ago, he's really sore. Your daughter gives me hope! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff Eden and Eden's mom! She is looking a lot better. Hope her arm's flare will die down soon and get some relief, look very itchy and sore :( Congratulations on the pregnancy!!! yay!! so happy for u!! Feeling clucky now! :P Take good care of yourself Andriette much love to u and ur family xxx

    ReplyDelete