Monday, 20 October 2014

18 months Flare

Haven't been blogging for a couple of months due to ... our new family member, Meya born early August.

We have been so blessed because the first 2 months of her life was absolute bliss with Eden's skin ... and then they went on holiday to the bush and she came back with the flare of all flares (see last picture) ... she is absolutely distraught  but at least we know she can (and will) heal again.

She's in so much pain at the moment ... just staying in bed ... not going to school (they are as supportive as always and some of the kids are as big bullies as always ... not even worth mentioning what is being said to Eden every now-and-again at school ... you'd think kids will get use to the fact that she's "different"from them and let it be by now ...)

Anyway, at least she can stay home and recover.

Below are a few of the pics taken of her the past 3 months ... she's really had a good skin period.

Holding baby sister, Meya for the first time


Kids with Oumi (granny)

 Playing with cousins

Enjoyed a music festival ... with SA celebrity / singer Bobby van Jaarsveld.


All dressed in white for little sister's blessing


Sadly, she started breaking out again 2 weeks ago... hoping it will lift soon.


Love is the only thing stronger than fear ... and in this case FAITH & HOPE as well.




5 comments:

  1. Stay strong Eden. Flares come and go, they are sneaky like that. I'm sure you will feel better soon. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise :) I remember you were having an anniversary flare every October ... how is it going so far during this October?? xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Meya arriving to this world! Eden must feel awesome being Big Sis now :) It's great Eden gets to have good fun times between her flares. Hope this flare is a short one and that you're managing ok with two kids now Eden's mum x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ahfaye :) I've looked at your blog too ... WOW!! You have come such a long way. I am so happy for you ... you're looking great :)
      Eden loves the new little addition to our family. she's reallly amazing with little babies.
      Btw. Meya is my 4th now ... I have Eden 10, Caden 7 my little toddler Michael 22 months and Meya 2 months ... and then we have 2 older kids from my husband's previous marriage Kayleigh 21 and Savannah 18.
      Having my hands full ... having Eden sick now at home again with 2 small babies are hectic ... I might as well have had triplets ;).
      xxx

      Delete
  3. :( I'm so sorry Eden! My legs are giving me some trouble as well. They look really similar! I've read a lot about people experiencing a flare around their 18th month.

    I'll send you positive leg healing thoughts <3

    CatRStephens

    ReplyDelete