Thursday, 10 August 2017

Eden's skin almost 5 years later

Eden is doing fantastic!

She has a little bit of eczema (I think she might have this for the rest of her life as she was born with a little patch under her neck). Her feet and folds of her arms get irritated at times but it's NOTHING in comparison to how it was.

She can function and have a normal life.

She can use normal lotion, soap, detergent and nothing irritates her skin that makes life unbearable for her.

What triggers an itch-craze is stress: she scratches and scratches and scratches when she is stressed out.

But again ... there is NO comparison to the hell she went through during TSW.

She is a happy, thriving, normal teenager today and the world is her oyster.

Going through TSW is worth it ... it is painful, it is long, it is lonely and heart wrenching but WORTH IT and it does not last forever.

Eden lasted for 2 years and then improved more and more as time went on.

Now, 5 years later, it's a distant memory that doesn't haunt us anymore but certainly taught us valuable lessons and mostly ... helped us heal.






3 comments:

  1. SO good to see update on Eden! What an amazing Mom you are! My baby girl Bella (12) will end year 3 withdrawal on Nov 1 and like Eden, the TSW hell is a memory but lives with gratitude everyday as she carries on doing her best. God bless Eden, God bless Caden, God bless your family and THANK YOU again for the hope your blog provided during those 24+ nightmare months. With love from Chicago, Shiungor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is your daughter?Hope her skin is fully recover now! End year 3 withdrawal.Great job for both Caden and you.Ours is just start......
      Hope my son who is 8 years old is able to overcome this hard period like Eden and Caden. He always misses the shool this year since his eczema became very bad from April. We started TSW just two months ago. I think this is the only way can help him, the only method that his skin can be back! Hopefully, he is able to go to school everyday next year. I was wondering that do you still use moisturizing or non steroid cream on her during TSW? or use nothing? and how to clean her skin? Sorry, I have so many questions actually. I am really looking forward to hearing from you soon.Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing Eden's TSW story. I read with tears......
    I am so happy to see Eden's skin is back to normal after TSW.She is very brave and beautiful girl and you are really a great mum. My son who is 8 years old is suffering from TSW 2 month.I know we still have long way to go. His skin is so bad from head to toe. Really hope both of us is able to overcome the TSW period. As this is the only way to help.I have some questions about TSW,could I email you and ask?. I was really wondering that: do you still use moisturizing or non steroid cream on Eden during TSW? my son's skin is super dry, if I stop all the moisturizing , he will become more itchy and painful.Thank you!

    ReplyDelete