Friday, 23 August 2013

Insomnia

Eden is sleeping TEERRRRIBBLY the last while.
Anxiety and itchiness ... crazy itchiness.

According to the other TSW patients this intense itchiness (where you want to get to the bone) is a good sign ... it means that the skin is healing and nerves are waking (or something like that)
but ... the lack of sleep is not a good sign ....
Especially for me ... as I have a baby, a six year old, a 9 year old TSW child ... to look after ... plus cook, clean, teach, nurture ... bla bla bla.
Sleep is so essential ... it is what keeps me together at the moment.

I was up 3times with Eden last night where she woke and simply couldn't go back to sleep again ... so I had to lie down with her until she fell asleep again (usually an hour later).

This is blooming hard!!

We are taking her to our GP today and hopefully will get something to help her relax and sleep at night ...

I'm looking at Eden's skin this morning (ran her a nice warm bath with Apple cider vinegar and epsom salt ... she really enjoyed it ... got the apple cider vinegar tip from the itsan forum :) .... and while I was helping her dry down and get some ointment on herself ... her skin looked like it is actually starting to heal in certain spots (if outsiders had to look at her skin they would get a fright and feel so sorry for her but to us ... who deal with her daily ... this is such a wonderful thing to see).

1 MONTH TSW


2 MONTHS TSW

CURRENTLY AT 4 MONTHS TSW


FACE AND NECK AREA AT 1 MONTH TSW


FACE AND NECK AREA AT 2MONTHS TSW


FACE AND NECK AREA CURRENTLY AT 4 MONTHS TSW


ARMS AT 1  MONTH TSW


ARMS AT 2 MONTHS TSW 


ARMS CURRENTLY AT 4 MONTHS TSW




3 comments:

  1. Well done both of you. Eden looks sooo much better! Hopefully the doc can give you an anti histamine too help with itch - some of them can make you drowsy, which is v. useful. But she's doing great! So sad in those early pictures. But so pretty now! You GO girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a parent at this school and I constantly complain about the bullying in that school!! Its an academically strong school but I cannot stand the bullying and belittling that takes place and the teachers are the worst!! I have complained numerous times - but nothing is done, if they don't drastically fix their 'better than you' attitudes - they are going to crash the bus and I will be the driver. I am also a teacher and I HATE bullies!! Eden, I am glad your Mommy put your emotional needs ahead of all else!! You are a strong little girl battling this "virus" that will one day make you a strong and independent young lady. You will win any and all challenges that you are faced with and nothing will break you - because you faced big battles now, while you are young. Laugh at the bullies my angel - they will never be anything or anyone spectacular and statistics have proved that 86% of primary school bullies do not make it to matric - YOU MADE TOP 20 and you were not wasting time picking on 'weaker' people!!

    Look up, this fight is almost over and when it is - you will look back and appreciate everything in life because you know deep down in your heart - you fought ten times harder than anyone else to be where you are!!

    God bless sweet child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your encouragement it was a beautiful letter.I don't know who you are but I am sure you are a wonderful person I am still struggeling but I know I will get better I just can not wait for when I am at the end of this road WOW! that day will be a day to remember.
    With love from Eden

    ReplyDelete